Okay, so this past weekend I slathered sunscreen on to go ocean kayaking. Today I am looking at snow fall outside my window, discovering Awana is cancelled for tonight because of this snowstorm rolling in. Snow in October is not my idea of a nice fall day! I came back from California for this?
Ahhh, sunshine and the Pacific!
Braylen and I had such a great time! Seeing family members again was such a highlight for me, since I don't see my California relatives very often. I think Braylen was surprised to meet so many new people he's related to! My cousin Nick (always Nicholas to me) married his sweetheart at Middle Beach in Carmel. The entire trip was centered around that event, and as fun as the wedding was, we really loved our free time.
The Bride & Groom
Monterey is such a neat place! We stayed downtown, which was a 5 minute walk from Fisherman's Wharf. Braylen explored tide pools with my Uncle Wally, watched sea lions bark and sea otters swim. We had yummy food and spent lots of time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. That is such a cool place! We put our feet in the ocean and taught Braylen about ebbing tides. He discovered salt water is not for drinking. :) We kayaked at Elkhorn Slough and didn't tip over! Braylen partnered up with my cousin Justin. He felt pretty much like a man after that. :) For this midwestern girl who happens to love anything to do with aquatics, this trip was a dream come true. To spend this time with my mom and my son...I could not ask for more. I learned how much more Braylen talks about his everyday life when he's away from his everyday life. We really embraced this trip and all that came along with it.
Braylen in San Francisco with Alcatraz behind him

Braylen and I had such a great time! Seeing family members again was such a highlight for me, since I don't see my California relatives very often. I think Braylen was surprised to meet so many new people he's related to! My cousin Nick (always Nicholas to me) married his sweetheart at Middle Beach in Carmel. The entire trip was centered around that event, and as fun as the wedding was, we really loved our free time.
Monterey is such a neat place! We stayed downtown, which was a 5 minute walk from Fisherman's Wharf. Braylen explored tide pools with my Uncle Wally, watched sea lions bark and sea otters swim. We had yummy food and spent lots of time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. That is such a cool place! We put our feet in the ocean and taught Braylen about ebbing tides. He discovered salt water is not for drinking. :) We kayaked at Elkhorn Slough and didn't tip over! Braylen partnered up with my cousin Justin. He felt pretty much like a man after that. :) For this midwestern girl who happens to love anything to do with aquatics, this trip was a dream come true. To spend this time with my mom and my son...I could not ask for more. I learned how much more Braylen talks about his everyday life when he's away from his everyday life. We really embraced this trip and all that came along with it.
Braylen in San Francisco with Alcatraz behind him
So now I'm back to real life, and I'm running my kids to school and back. I'm going grocery shopping in the rain and snow. I'm doing laundry. And I'm remembering what it was like to be on such a great vacation!
2 comments:
I'm glad to see and read a little about your trip. Sounds warm and fun. I look forward to having time this weekend to hear all the details. Stay warm, Pam
don't cha love Cali???? I do sooo much now that I have lived here awhile. Come visit me sometime... you will find that southern cal can actually be quite charming, small town and low key. Plan your next trip for here:)
Post a Comment