This past Sunday was our annual Blue & Gold banquet for scouts. Our boys earned their merit badges and received awards from the Pinewood Derby race back in January. It was a treat to have Grandma and Grandpa join us this year! Aaron did such a great job of sitting still, except for playing footsie with Grandpa under the table. :) I used to think Aaron would be excited for his turn at things...preschool, Awana, etc. But I've learned over the years that he has more fun anticipating those things, and I think scouts will be no different. Once he gets there, it will be old news for him.
Kaleb, my handsome Tiger Cub
Kaleb, my handsome Tiger Cub
Braylen, my moody Bear Cub. Green pawprint on his cheek is part of the ceremony.
Speaking of Aaron, he woke up Monday morning to a case of strep throat. Happy Monday to us! Thanks to a penicillin injection, all is well for now. I think a shot is the way to go--no messing with 10 days of amoxicillin.
Let's arm wrestle!
Braylen is Camper of the Week at school, so Daddy made a trip to his classroom the other day to talk about his career and eat lunch with our camper. Tomorrow it's my turn to have lunch with him, and we are NOT eating in the school cafeteria. :) Some of the items Braylen brought to class to showcase himself are: Brownie bear (awww!), trading cards, Brazilian money from Great Grandma Muriel, pinewood derby trophy, baby pictures and current pictures. "It's all about me" would be a good title for his week at school, and he's waited all year for that. :) One thing that threw me for a loop was the way he's been bringing home his papers this week. He folds each one into a tiny square and tapes it shut. Yesterday I had 6 papers to cut open and unfold, and today there were more. What is up with that? When I ask him why he's doing this he tells me they fit in his bag better that way. Maybe if he cleaned the clutter out of his bag once in a while there would be more room in there???
While I was making supper tonight, Kaleb made his bed. Then he asked me if he could help me in the kitchen. Then he gave me a tootise roll from his candy stash. I was really suspicious, but I didn't want to insult him if he was simply being kind. It all came together when he brought his Awana book to me and asked me to check it. He'd been trying to fill out the "I Help at Home" chart all in 30 minutes! This chart should take 7 days to fill out! 7 days of making his bed, helping in the kitchen, sharing, and doing something kind... Boy was he bummed! All those good deeds for nothing! Still, it was nice while it lasted. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment