Derek's been in Florida for the past 2 weeks, and we excitedly welcomed him home last night! The boys met him in the driveway with smiles and hugs, and we enjoyed supper together as a family of 5 again. It's so great to have Derek home!
During our first week apart, I cared for the boys by myself. It went better than I thought it would, and that is because Derek was praying hard for me! :) For the second week, I enjoyed a visit from my parents. We had so much fun! They joined us for Bible Quiz and school music programs. They treated us to several meals out, just-for-fun gifts, and one-on-one times with each boy. Kaleb and my Dad played at the bowling alley. Braylen and my Dad had several "dates." Kaleb and Braylen went out for donuts with my mom. Aaron and my mom played games and puzzles. He enjoyed beating her at Wii Jeep every time! We all played soccer in the backyard and basketball in the front yard. We walked to the school in warm sunny weather to pick them up, and I got a break from pulling Aaron's wagon. I just can't express how special this week was to me.
The best Grampy and Grammy with 3 happy boys!
One big thing happened while Derek was gone--Aaron needed a minor outpatient surgery. He is our first boy to be "put under" with anesthetic while a doctor operated on him. I learned that no matter how minor the procedure, a mother still worries over her child. Thankfully my Dad came along to support me, and Aaron is doing fine.
Derek made the most of his time in Florida. He worked very hard to pass his class, and now he's a certified Accident Reconstructionist! This has taken him 5 years to achieve, and I'm so proud of him. He persevered through many obstacles, and we give God the glory for it all. Derek had a little fun while he was there too. Walking in the Atlantic ocean collecting seashells for his family, eating out at some fun new places, driving a snazzy rental car... Well, maybe the rental car wasn't all that great. I learned it was no Maserati. Derek about busted a gut when he showed me a picture he took of a Maserati and I asked if that was his rental car, a Hyundai Accent. How am I supposed to know the difference??!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment