Thursday, April 23, 2009

All About Aaron

A few weeks ago Aaron and I were driving by the children's museum, and he asked if we could go there. He asks me that every time we drive by. I always tell him we'll go there some day, but not right now. This time I had one of those "ah-ha!" moments and said, "Yes Aaron, we can go there for your birthday party!" He picked 3 friends to invite and I picked the date. 11 days after his birthday, but that's pretty good I think! At the last minute one of his friends could not make it, his beloved cousin, but the show went on and he had lots of fun.


The night before his party, I realized I had completely forgotten to make a birthday cake. I improvised with a bag of powdered donuts that Aaron asked me to buy last time we were grocery shopping. I arranged them in the shape of the number 5, and stuck 5 candles in them. I thought that was pretty creative thinking, but Daddy had another idea. While I was with the kids at the museum and park, Derek went to the bakery and picked up this super-cool birthday cookie. He must have felt sorry for us! :) What a great Daddy!

After the fun and games at the children's museum and park, I brought the kids to our house to open gifts and eat the yummy birthday cookie. Kaleb's parakeet was a big hit, and Aaron taught his friends how to hit the cage when the bird chirps too loud. We're so caring and compassionate, aren't we? One of Aaron's gifts is a Lego police helicopter, which his big brothers drooled over when they got home from school. Kaleb ended up putting it together with Aaron after supper, with only one tearful outburst.

What a great big brother you are Kaleb!

Today was a busy day, but it was a good day. Aaron even gave me some more "Aaronisms." When I helped him get dressed, I told him he was my man in black today. He said, "Ooo, I'm a black man today!" Then we were feeding his cousin's fish on our counter, and he wanted to change their water. I told him we didn't have the fish net, so we can't change the water. Aaron said, "Could we just use a fishing pole to get the fish out?" These are tiny goldfish I'm talking about. :) While driving around town, Aaron carried a pinecone with him. At one of our stops he couldn't find it. He said, "I need my kine-pone!" :)







1 comment:

Linds said...

Thanks for the post. Evan talked all night about how much fun he had at your house and the museum. Thanks for inviting him. Hope you have a great weekend!