On the brink of our Christmas snow storm, I'm thinking of my many blessings. 2009 has been such a great year for our family. Our kids are at the most amazing ages--not too old to hate being with us, and not too little to make outings a burden. We've taken lots of bike rides, spent many hours boating, and enjoyed playing with and raising our puppy. My parents made several trips out here to visit us this year, including this week of Christmas. We're blessed with good friends that come and stay with us, see us at our worst, and come back for more visits. :) Friendly neighbors, friends through church, and a close-knit extended family all contribute to the feeling that we're well-loved.
School is out for Christmas break, which means we're half-way through this school year. I just don't know how that can be possible. Braylen admitted to us that he "likes" a girl at school. I'll call her "E." He says she's his girlfriend. YIKES!!!! A few weeks ago he came to me and asked, "Mom, do you think I should tell E that I like her?" Wow, I didn't think I'd be answering questions like that EVER. One day he's my baby boy and the next day he's asking me for advice about girls. At least that's how fast it's seemed to me. I encouraged him to be E's friend, not make it anything more than that. I guess he didn't take my advice. Not the first time, I'm sure. I'm just thrilled he's telling me all about it. So, now Braylen's girlfriend is E, and his buddy Jake has a girlfriend too. Welcome to the new world of 10 year old boys.
Aaron's been a sweet blessing to me during this Christmas season. He really likes to sing Christmas carols. His favorites are "Hark the Herald Angels Sing," "Silent Night," "Jingle Bells," and "Away in a Manger." Derek and I heard him singing last night and realized we've never heard him sing to himself around the house like that. It is sweet to hear. While snuggling with him before bed, we sang "Silent Night" together. When we got to the part that says "Mother and Child," Aaron said--"Hey, mother and child" while pointing to me and to himself. I took a picture in my mind in that moment with him.
Finally, Aaron's given me some more funnies this week. While tucking him in last night he said, "I sure like these leather sheets." Umm, he meant flannel sheets. :)
Aaron's bedtime music tells of a story about people returning to Judah. He heard that tonight and said, "Aunt Sarena went back to Judah tonight Mom." Umm, his aunt's plane couldn't land at our airport and needed to fly back to...Denver. Not Judah. So I ask him, "Do you mean Denver?" He says, "Oh yeah, Denver." :)
Merry CHRISTmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment