Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blessings on a Wednesday

Today started like I'd expect a Wednesday to start. With a splitting headache. A hot shower and some Excedrin worked wonders, along with a quick shoulder rub from Derek before he headed off to work. Our boys also helped out by getting along with each other. Braylen took the trash can out front, and Kaleb offered to make his own lunch. They could tell I was not my normal, chipper self. (ha ha...chipper is not a way to describe me on ANY morning!) I dropped Braylen and Kaleb off at school ON TIME, and things were looking up!

Getting Aaron ready for the day went like clockwork, the dog was out in the yard taking care of business, and we were about ready to head to preschool. Then I peeked outside to call the dog in.

The gate was wide open.

Braylen was kind enough to take out the trash, and careless enough to leave the gate open. And the fog is so thick I can barely see across the street. How will I ever find my dog? She never listens to me in the yard, never comes when I call her...and Aaron's going to be late for preschool. I wanted to cry. I opened the door, went towards the gate...and Ginger came running to me through the open gate. Thank you LORD! My dog had a 10 minute head start for freedom and you kept her right here at home.

Feeling lighter than air, I took Aaron to preschool and met a friend for coffee. This Wednesday is sure looking better than most! Enjoying my morning caffeine with such a good friend--what more could I ask for? Running errands by myself, then picking Aaron up from preschool, he jumps in my arms for hugs and kisses--really, can life get any sweeter than this? On a Wednesday? Oh yes. Today is Aaron's afternoon to enjoy several hours at a birthday party. I take him to the party and then...my afternoon is wide open to do anything I want.

So, on this foggy Wednesday, I am doing what I like to do when I'm alone--write in my blog and read a good book. Sometimes it's good to be wrong...Wednesdays aren't always the worst day of the week. God can show me that on any Wednesday He'd like.

No comments: