If our parakeet's noise level is a reliable indicator of spring's arrival, then spring must be just around the corner. My word, is Pluto loud! Yesterday he's sweetly tweeting and chirping to himself, and this morning he's screeching his little lungs out. I couldn't stand it. Especially with a headache. So I carried his cage to his owner's bedroom--Kaleb's room--and shut the door. He's back in the living room tonight, and he's behaving himself. :) His outdoor bird friends must be asleep. Hooray for the nearness of spring, even if it means a loud parakeet!
We have new neighbors in "Jean's" house now. It's still strange for me to see them coming and going, and not Jean. They don't have any children, but they have a 4 month old lab puppy. He can be Ginger's fence friend. :) I used to think of Jean's husband, Dale, as our very own Mr. Wilson. (from Dennis the Menace) How fitting that our new neighbors named their dog--ready for this--Wilson. :)
Right now I'm right in the middle of the most peaceful 30 minutes of my week, Braylen's piano lesson. Our teacher comes to our house while Derek takes the other boys to the church for his praise team practice. I can just feel myself relax along with the quiet plinking on the piano. What a wonderful feeling. Especially since I've driven in and out of my garage 12 times today. Lots of ins and outs. Bless our piano teacher for coming to our house. It saves me from making yet another trip.
Aaron and I played "Memory" today. He beat me by one match! He calls it "Membery." A cross between memory and remember. I love it. :)
While the winter Olympics aren't as exciting for me as the summer Olympics, we've still enjoyed watching them. I can watch ice skating by myself, but my boys are all about watching snowboarding with me. Braylen's even doing a report in school on his favorite Olympian, snowboarder Shaun White. Braylen idolizes athletes of all kinds--football, basketball, snowboarding...Derek does not. He enjoys outdoor activities, but does not share Braylen's love for sports. Braylen compares his throwing stance to Brett Favre's. He's a walking encyclopedia of stats and scores. The only thing I can compare that to is if we'd had a daughter who loved to scrapbook, sew, and dance. Anyone who knows me knows I don't scrapbook or sew, and I'm definitely not a dancer. So how do father and son find any common ground when their interests are so different? They go hunting. :) Derek's already talking about turkey season opening in April. Braylen's getting excited too. Kaleb's waiting in the wings. He should be strong enough to shoot the shotgun next spring. Oh dear. Or should I say, Oh turkey. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment