Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The House That Love Built

We're having a good week. :)

Aaron and I made a cake today in honor of 2 things. First, as of yesterday, we've lived in our house for 7 years. Building a house is such a lot of work that you never forget the day you saw it through to completion! Second, today would have been my grandma's 84th birthday. She's been celebrating birthdays in heaven for 9 years now, but I will never think of March 31st without thinking of her.

Don't laugh too hard! The 7 is for our house, the 84 is for grandma.

Aaron continues to hold my heart in his small hands as this school year comes to an end. Our lunches and afternoons are spent together, just the two of us, every day. Most days he wants a "hotdog on a bun" for lunch. I keep telling him he's going to turn into a hotdog, but since that hasn't happened, he knows that's just something I like to say to him. :) Since the weather's been so nice, he's been riding his bike around our subdivision while I walk Ginger. It's so peaceful here in the early afternoon. Aaron stays within my sight and Ginger and I bring up the rear. I try not to think about next fall, when I'll be walking Ginger by myself. But it's so hard not to. I love being with my little boy and I don't want things to change. Can you tell I'm an emotional girl? There's a song about that..."sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry, sometimes I do both and I don't know why..." That fits me perfectly. My poor husband. :)

Aaron likes to tell me he has a good "remembery." (memory) I like how he combined "remember" and "memory" into one word. These spring days with Aaron leave me feeling like I'm dangling off the edge of a cliff. The cliff represents the 11 years I've been privileged to have 1 son at home with me, then 2, then 3, then 2, and now...1. I'm hanging by a thread from that cliff. But I have such incredible "rememberies" of these days. And they're not over yet. :)

No comments: