How can I be married for 13 years when I remember what it was like to be 13 years old? One of life's mysteries. :) June 21st is one of my favorite days of the year. It sure was the most anticipated day of my life! Happy Anniversary to the one who waited for me, pursued me, and asked me to become his bride! How glorious to celebrate our wedding day on the longest day of the year. :) I love you Derek, always and forever!
Number 13 falls in the midst of our topsy-turvy summer. Still--you make do with what you've been given--so we grabbed a few hours this afternoon and had a fun picnic in the park. Kid-free. In fact, we brought Ginger along instead of the kids. She needed the exercise, and we love to ride our bikes together. We always have. I pray we always will.
I remember the moment when I knew this boyfriend of mine was going to be my husband. I remember saying yes. I remember saying "I do." I remember our first apartment, moving to Ohio, and then moving back. I remember telling him he was going to be a daddy. Three times. I remember him changing diapers and warming up baby food. I remember him teaching all three boys how to ride a bike. I remember our camping trips and our magical week in Hawaii. There is no one else I'd rather share these memories with. Derek makes me laugh. He listens to my wonderings and my worries. He takes me by the hand and suddenly I'm complete.
Being married for 13 years is SO much better than being 13 years old. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment