Friday, July 9, 2010

Snap Crackle Pop


Ah, the 4th of July. More and more it seems like all things summer start to dry up after the 4th, so I've learned to enjoy this week while we have it.

Fireworks, fireworks, and more fireworks! My parents here with us. Lightening bugs. Bike rides. Grandpa's birthday. Aunt Sarena's (early) birthday. The pool. Ice cream. Playing marbles. Lots of love and laughter between family and friends.

fun times with Rebekah

at the pool with my parents

my dad loves my dog

my mom taught Kaleb how to knit, and he was pretty proud

Aaron and I went out for ice cream with my dad, just the 3 of us



celebrating Grandpa's birthday

Braylen teaches his grandpa how to use his birthday gift: an iPod

celebrating with Aunt Sarena

This year we extended my parents' time with our boys by sending our oldest two boys home with them! Aaron already misses them, and so do I. But I know this will create some special memories for my boys to share with their grandparents. And with their uncle and aunt, who will be joining them from Ohio for a few days. So for one week we are parenting an only child. It is quiet here. Strange.

So I'm off to spend some time with my boy who is without his playmates. Happy Summer!

No comments: