Monday, April 23, 2012

Aaron's Birthday

Now that I've had a few days to catch my breath, here are a few highlights from Aaron's 8th birthday.

Grandma took Aaron out for cookies and they visited the new pet store in town.
Aaron's little toy (he calls it Pokey) came from a stop at the local hardware store.

He LOVES his present from Uncle Eric and Aunt Amber.
Snap Circuits keep him entertained for hours! Only the Wii can compete for that honor!

Braylen and Kaleb each bought Aaron a package of fishing lures.
I posted this picture with Braylen since Kaleb was in the snap circuits picture. :)

Aaron's been begging me to plant seeds. Easy birthday gift! :)
As of today he has several marigold plants poking through the dirt.
(I came down with a cold on Aaron's birthday, and when this picture was taken I was feeling pretty lousy.)

Another big hit is this bow and arrow set from Grammy and Grampy!
Watch out! Aaron has good aim! :)

Aaron with his football cake. As we were lighting the candles, he told me he really
wanted a football FIELD cake. Well...next year!
Two days later we celebrated Aaron's birthday with our family in town. It was a stormy evening, and the party was cut short when it threatened to hail. Aaron is learning that with a spring birthday, you never know what's going to happen!

Jumping up to reach the birthday banner!

Our biggest hockey fan

The traditional family cake picture

How can my little boy be 8 already?

Planting those seeds he opened on his birthday
Because of the chaotic weather, I'm missing a picture of Aaron's favorite birthday gift from Grandma and Grandpa. They bought him his very own tackle box and stocked it with new lures (and some favorites from their own supply.) We've already taken Aaron fishing twice with his new tackle box. He's turning into quite the little fisherman. :)

I took the kids and their gear (plus an extra 12 year old boy) fishing on Saturday while Derek went hunting...but that story is for another post.

Happy Birthday Dear Aaron!!!!!!!! You are dearly loved by so many!!!!!!!!

No comments: