Saturday, August 11, 2012

Our First Teenager

Our firstborn son is 13 years old today!!! We had a lot of fun celebrating him all day long. What fun for him to have a Saturday birthday this year. That gave Braylen more time with Daddy. :) They went out for donuts this morning and even brought some home for the rest of us. His friend Hunter came over for the day, which is what Braylen wanted more than anything. Throw in some gifts, a trip to the lake, fishing, and good food--and that adds up to a really great 13th birthday. :)

Happy Birthday Braylen!
13 Fun Facts About Braylen
  • His feet are the same size as mine right now.
  • His voice is getting lower.
  • He asked both of his brothers if they had a fun day today. I love to see that side of him.
  • He picks up one end of the rowboat and carries it like it weighs nothing, while I can barely lift it.
  • In 5 days he'll be a 7th grader.
  • Plums and peaches are still favorites of his. More so than sweets.
  • He gobbles up books as fast as I do. Faster, since he's not a mom with responsibilities.
  • He asks me for a haircut every 2-3 weeks. Think of the money we save!
  • His love language is quality time, so one of his gifts is a 4-wheeling trip with Daddy.
  • He really likes to draw and design houses.
  • He has an eye for photography. His pictures turn out really cool.
  • His smile is contagious. It always has been.
  • So far he's making the teen years look like a lot of fun! :)
Another mom recently told me that she thinks her years with her teenage sons were even better than their elementary years. I like her perspective. So many people focus on the negative parts of raising teenagers. I hope to dwell on the good parts.

Derek and I are so blessed to raise these boys the Lord has placed in our care. Thank you God, for our son Braylen.

No comments: