We are 17 days into May, and as usual, there are LOTS of things going on. School is ending next week, which means end-of-the-year-activities are in full swing. My emotions are running wild this week--my Kaleb is just about finished with elementary school, we received news on Aaron's EEG, Kaleb's right eye was poked at school--giving him a 3mm scratch on his cornea, and Derek's role as SRO was the front page headline in the paper on Wednesday! Throw in a visit from my parents, Derek's birthday, school lock-in, camping, Mother's Day, and a trip to the clinic with a sick boy and I literally feel like I am hanging on for dear life!
More on all of those exciting things later. First I need to wrap up April. It was a cold, snowy month--so strange--which makes us appreciate our spring so much more now.
 |
| Our little Sparky earned his Sparky Plaque. How can I not have any more Sparkies??? |
 |
| Aaron and I made this grasshopper and had lunch at Red Lobster while the others went turkey hunting. |
I have no idea where Aaron thought up the grasshopper idea. He googled how to make one with popsicle sticks and came up empty. So we figured it out on our own! Who needs pinterest or craft blogs? :) For months he's been asking me to take him to Red Lobster. He wanted to order a lobster, but settled for shrimp and clam. My little adventurous eater! We had a really sweet time together.
 |
| Braylen's final 7th grade band concert was on my dad's birthday. :) |
|
 |
| It was still freezing outside, but the snow was gone. So when Aaron asked me to draw with chalk, how could I say no? |
 |
| Skylanders--the latest craze around here. A video game and a toy all in one. |
Today is the last day of Law Enforcement Appreciation Week, so I have plans to make a whole bunch of monster cookies with my niece this afternoon. And since time is ticking, I better get going! It sure did feel good to be still for a few minutes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment