Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Already!

The sun is shining today. After lots of clouds, it's good to see the sun again. Our trees are really pretty this fall--lots of bright gold. It's already Halloween, and I just can't believe it. Tonight I will trick-or-treat with Aaron and Kaleb. I think Braylen might stay home and pass out candy? Not sure. Derek will be working, and I imagine he will be busy. Our friends we always have over on Halloween have kids "aging" out of our tradition. We knew it would happen, and happened it has. But our family in town still plans to come over and trick-or-treat with us. :)

Last week we took family pictures, and I could not be more pleased with how they turned out. I wanted to capture our family in this moment--with one "little," one "middle," and one teenager. Our kids are at such different stages, and yet they still play and laugh and romp around like the brothers they've always been. I want to remember these days with pictures. My first wish was for my brother to be close by. He's become quite the talented photographer--but there are too many miles between us. 3 years ago we asked a friend to take our pictures, so we decided to ask her again. She did an amazing job, and as far as family photo shoots go, this one was by far the most fun! Family pictures--fun? Yep!

This is my favorite one of our boys.

We almost left the dog at home for these pictures...I'm so glad we didn't!
There are many more pictures, and now I need to decide what to do with them! Braylen had braces put on last week. (October 23rd) He only needs one tooth straightened out. One! I needed my entire mouth re-done! He has braces on 8 of his top teeth, and we plan on being done in less than 6 months. We'll see how that goes.

We watched a friend's little boy last week, and he thought Kaleb's trumpet was pretty neat. He also loved playing football in the yard with my boys, piling on top of them when they were on the ground. Kaleb asked me why so many babies come over to our house--I think we've watched 3 different little boys these last few weeks. That is a lot to Kaleb, I guess. :) Good thing my boys are good with the little ones, cuz some of my friends keep having more babies! I'm happy for them, and we're all happy it's them and not us. :)


Sometimes Derek sends me a text telling me to look at the sunset. This is one of those times.
To wrap up this Halloween post, Grandma bought pumpkins for the boys again this year. Thanks to Braylen's idea to carve them on Tuesday, Derek was here to help. I take pictures and help design faces, but the boys and Derek do all of the work. Pumpkin guts and seeds went flying, and we had fun!




Kaleb's big grin and a funny little photo-bomber :)


And here are the finished pumpkins this year! They turned out great!


1 comment:

Eric said...

Those pumpkins look really good. Better than anything I've ever done for sure!

I SO wish I was close by too! I would have enjoyed taking pictures of people who actually smile and look at the camera once in a while :)