Friday, May 23, 2008

Change of Plans

Well, the school year officially ended yesterday, but not in the way we all planned. Braylen was up much of the night before with an upset stomach and fever. Since he hardly slept, and still had a fever, he had to miss his last day of 2nd grade. Horror of horrors! Kaleb got ready for school and off he went to enjoy his last day of kindergarten. You can imagine where I sent Braylen: to bed. That way he could mope in there and I could pretend I still had one last day to myself. Aaron eventually forgot Braylen was home. I finally decided to put him in the van and run a few errands without getting out of the vehicle. In the evening I did the rest of my errands by myself, so the day wasn't all bad! Actually, after the initial disappointment, Braylen did a really good job with improving his attitude. Extra Nintendo time might have helped a bit! Another bonus was his ability to go to his classroom at the end of the school day and pick up his things. That way he still saw his friends and his teacher. Kaleb brought home a DVD of kindergarten pictures taken throughout the year, and we enjoyed watching that. I still can't believe he's done.

We have had the rainiest 2 days that I can remember having in a long time. And not just rain, but crashing thunder and lightning, strong winds, and flooded yards. This is another way our week has changed. Both school boys have told me they don't like summer vacation if it's all storms and wind. I told them not to worry--we'll be setting sprinklers and going to the pool before we know it! Today we've done super-exciting things like clean the birdcage, vacuum the upstairs, and dust our dressers. We also played a board game and hide & seek. Please stop raining soon so we can go outside!!!

One more Aaron word mix-up. Instead of lilac bush, he says "eyelash bush." :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

what a bummer to miss the last day festivities. its rainy and cold here too. I bet a big disappointment for all the tourists that flock here for Memorial day. I am happy about it, we aren't sweating to death and paying for ac.