Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Season of Change

Labor Day weekend brought clouds and wind. Appropriate transition from summer to fall I think. We spent one last weekend at the lake--kinda sad, kinda not. The kids braved the weather and went tubing. I stayed dry in the boat. ;) It's just not the same when instead of jumping in the water to cool off, you stay in the boat to keep warm. Still a fun weekend though. The boys just love riding their bikes all over the lake town. Aaron can start himself on his bike now, and I'm already having a hard time remembering what it was like to help him with that. We played with light-up frisbees in the dark, and realized Kaleb's white hair glowed almost as much as the flashing frisbees. :) All in all, we enjoyed our time together as a family. I will miss these days.



Watch out--Mommy's driving the boat. :)

Smiles and goggles :)

Goodbye lake...see you next summer

Back at home, we spent our actual Labor Day doing a whole lot of nothing. I figure that's the way it should be, right? Derek had lots of play time with the kids, I ran 10 loads of laundry through my washer and dryer, and treated myself to a movie that night while I folded everything. Derek even surpised me by watching the movie and folding with me! I have to laugh at our tv situation. Our "big screen" died last week. It's actually a 10 year old tv that used to belong to my grandma, but it was a nice size for us. Now that it no longer works, we're using our only other tv we have in our house, which is no bigger than an oversized square computer screen. Derek found me on a beanbag chair pretty close to the screen, and so we sat there together, feeling like we'd stepped back in time. Once upon a time we were 2 married college kids watching a small tv in our apartment on the floor with no furniture. Now we're 2 married thirtysomethings sitting on our kids' beanbags watching a small tv in our basement. :) Oh well.

Wrapping up this post, I'll give an update on our puppy. She's fully recovered from her surgery 2 weeks ago and continues to grow like a weed. I lost track of how many weeks old she is, and am now keeping track of all that by months. She's 5 months old and we think she's such a pretty dog. Don't you?

No comments: