Their fun forts destroyed our basement, but they sure enjoyed them!
As the kids get older, their cute little funnies seem fewer and farther between. I've managed to remember a few from this summer...here we go!
Funnies and Deep Thoughts from Aaron
"Does lightning bugs do sin?"
"You know Mom, judges are for God. This judge doesn't love God, so that seems like he's not really a judge."
"Mommy, what can I do? I'm hungry and I want to watch a movie!"
Me: Did you like your first day of kindergarten?
Aaron: Umm...not so much! There were lots of warnings and time-outs, and I don't think my teacher likes being a teacher.
Me: What do you mean?
Aaron: Well, she was really grouchy today, so that means she doesn't like her job!
(Second day of school) Me: Did you have fun at school today?
Aaron: Oh yeah!!! You were right Mom! It's lots better now! My teacher is nice now too!
"This puzzle is taking as long as it takes a grape to turn into a raisin!"
Funnies from Kaleb
"Holy cow Mom! These are the best cookies I've ever tasted!" Music to my ears. :)
While sitting in the stands at the high school football game, Kaleb looks out at the empty field and says, "There's the library!" Huh? I see a parking lot beyond the field, but the library is no where in sight. Then I see a trolley driving through the parking lot. Kaleb thought it was the book-mobile, but couldn't remember what it was called! :) Silly 8 year old.
Braylen
Instead of funnies, Braylen shows me what it feels like to have no idea what I'm doing. I can parent an 8 year old and a 6 year old, because I've done it before. I've never been the parent of an 11 year old before!
"For my birthday I want a cell phone, a laptop, and a tv in my room." Whatever happened to wanting toys for his birthday?
"I keep all my things in my locker at school Mom, not in a desk. It helps me get ready for middle school."
"I'm walking home from school Mom, and when I get home I'm playing Blazing Angels on the Wii." I give him the look...then he says, "Can I walk home, and then can I play the Wii?"
I love raising these boys, no matter how hard it is sometimes. :) I love watching them interact with their friends when they don't know I'm watching. Sometimes I look at them and wonder how can they really be mine? Then God nudges my spirit and says, "They're Mine, but I'll help you and Derek raise them for Me." And I just LOVE laughing with them. Even when I'm laughing at them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment