We all have dates on the calendar that mean more than just another day. Today is one of those for me. My grandma has been gone for 10 years today. In some ways it feels like much less. In other ways it feels like more.
She loved Braylen. I'm convinced she would love Kaleb and Aaron too, if she were still here. And she'd be delighted with her new great-grandson, Will. Strangely, I remember the most insignificant things about that day 10 years ago. Like what I made for supper. Tonight we'll have the same thing, because that's how I am. Memories wrapped up in my mind and heart show up in my cooking.
Today I'll end with a funny. Grandma would like that. :) Aaron came home from church yesterday, plopped himself on the floor to untie his shoes, and said this to no one in particular:
"Sometimes I just talk when I don't know what I'm going to say!"
That boy... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment