Our family camping vacation this year was supposed to be at Yellowstone. But with a big vacation lined up with Derek's extended family in July, we just couldn't take the time and money to do Yellowstone. Our second choice? Fort Robinson, located in the sandhills of Nebraska.
It is a beautiful place. Take a look. :)
 |
Derek and the boys hiked up a hill, and this is Aaron and Derek almost to the bottom.
(My picture doesn't show how tall the hill really is.) |
 |
| Doing some fishing in a clear lake for a change! |
 |
| Braylen found his own spot down the road from the rest of us. |
 |
Aaron kept us from getting skunked. Yep, he caught the only fish of the day!
The rest of the fish were too busy jumping and showing off for us. :) |
 |
| Derek truly at rest, a sight I like to see. |
Derek and I decided our goal for this trip was to relax. We also wanted to say yes to our boys as much as possible. Looking back, I think we accomplished both. We took them swimming 3 times, and had the pool to ourselves for one of those times. With 3 diving boards, each boy jumped and dove to his heart's content! Kaleb learned how to dive during this trip, and he is SO proud of his accomplishment. I'd like to remember Aaron's little foot flip--every time he jumped off the diving board his little feet flipped up behind him. :) He's so little he barely makes a splash, and Derek and I loved watching him. Kaleb loved doing cannonballs, while Braylen did front flips and other crazy antics off the board. Braylen also swam many laps in that pool, which makes this swimmer-mommy very proud. :)
More on our laid back vacation next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment