I got my hair cut on Tuesday night. Instead of the usual trim, I had my stylist take off about 3 inches. It sounds so small, but it is a big difference! When I woke my boys up for school the next day, I could not have predicted their reactions. Braylen, who is usually so observent, took about 10 minutes to notice. He told me it looked nice. Kaleb, who would miss a train roaring through our living room, noticed before he even got out of bed! He said, "Your hair looks nice Mommy. Finally!" I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or what. :) Later, Kaleb said he wished my hair would be long again. The boy can't make up his mind! Aaron, who is unpredictable, never noticed. I finally asked him what he thought after half the day had gone boy, and he said he wishes I could look like his real mommy again. Yikes! Good thing my hair grows fast. :)
On another note, on one of our warm days I drew a hopscotch game on our driveway and taught Kaleb and Aaron how to play it. They loved it, and I sure loved playing it with them! That was a favorite thing for me to do when I was their age. Well, last night while Braylen, Kaleb, and I were at Awana, Aaron decided he wanted to play hopscotch with Daddy. Only one problem--Daddy didn't know how to play! Aaron tried to teach him, and I'm told he said to Daddy: "You're not very good at this game. I need to teach you again." After several more tries, he said he was done, and that Daddy still wasn't very good at it. Ahhh, I guess there are some things that only a mommy can be good at. :) Daddy is good at plenty of other fun things! Like tickle bugs and nose HONKS and wrestling. Right, Derek?
1 comment:
I would have noticed your hair right away. :) I'm anxious to see it.
It's been a long time since I've played hopscotch; maybe Aaron can remind me the rules.
It was great chatting today! Miss you,
Pam
Post a Comment