Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring in Our Yard



Recently a friend of mine posted beautiful backyard spring pictures on her blog. Pretty cherry blossoms, her first rose of spring, and a lemon tree with lemons ready for picking. Sigh. Here is what spring looks like in my yard, with 4 more inches of the fluffy white stuff expected today.
During our spring break vacation, I mentioned that we spent an afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese. The kids still talk about that, and how much fun they had. In fact, the other night in the van, Kaleb and Braylen were having a nice little talk about how they learned to drive at Chuck E. Cheese. They were dead serious! Daddy commented that lots of people must learn to drive at Chuck E. Cheese, and he sees them every day in his line of work as a policeman. :)
Aaron is counting down the days until his birthday. Come to think of it, snow was falling on the day he was born in 2004. Just not 4 inches. Anyway, while attempting to count how many days that are left before the big day, Aaron named the days of the week. There's today, he said, and then he said we need to get through China, and then through tomorrow and another tomorrow... We were in Walmart and I told him I was sure we didn't have to go to China in order to get to his birthday. :) He meant Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday, and somehow that came out as China and tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hope it's more springy in your area soon. I hope I didn't make you feel bad, just wanted to show what cheers me up on a stressful day. take care.