While on the phone this afternoon, Aaron asked me if he could play with the "bell" on the fireplace mantle. It's really a miniature teapot from a friend of mine. Last Saturday she had a friendship tea at her house and she gave each of us these cute little teapots as gifts. Being distracted and all, I let him play with the teapot. After a few more minutes of chatting on the phone, I saw what Aaron was doing with my teapot. He found his red monster truck and brought it upstairs. He put a matchbox car in the truck's toolbox, and put my dainty little teapot in the truck's bed with a gum wrapper beside it. Chomping away on his gum and making monster truck noises, Aaron was giving my ceramic teapot the ride of its' life! This must be how Aaron and I can have tea parties.
Today Aaron asked me if he could pick a dandelion and put it in a water of cup. The funniest thing is that he doesn't even realize he's switching his words around. I have dozens of beautiful yellow flowers in cups on my kitchen counter. Who says I never get any flowers?
No comments:
Post a Comment