Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful for Much


Today was such a super day...a day of giving thanks while enjoying yummy food with my family. How can it get any better than that? The past 2 years we've had sicknesses surrounding Thanksgiving, so I'm especially grateful for good health this year! We celebrated Kaleb's birthday with his grandparents/aunts/uncle/cousins today, which enriched this day even more for me. Our son Kaleb is such a blessing to us. God knit him together in such neat ways--I see so many things in him that are different from his brothers. He brings great joy to this mommy's heart. :)

Kaleb with his wii-Jesus shirt :)


Things we learned about Kaleb today:

He's thankful for his life

His dream job is to be president

If he had $1 million dollars for a day, he'd like to buy the Philadelphia Eagles

He'd like to talk to 3 people from Bible times if he could: Caleb, Matthew, and Luke


His favorite thing to do in his free time: play flag football

His favorite food is a toss-up between: spaghetti, meatloaf, meatballs, chinese, and little smokies--this boy likes to eat meat!

His least favorite food? Chicken fettucine



Funnies from Kaleb this past week:
When Derek got a deer, Kaleb asked, "Is it a doe or a duck?" (he meant a buck)

When asked what he'd like for his birthday, he replied, "Umm, a credit card would be nice!"

At our fellowship dinner at church, Kaleb filled his plate with...ham and a dinner roll. And a small tub of butter. That's it. But when he went up for dessert? He came back with 4 different things on a very full plate!


At supper last night, Kaleb cleared his plate and finished dessert. He looked at me and said, "More?" I asked him, "More of what?" He said, "Of whatever you're going to give to me!"


Funnies from Aaron:

For whatever reason, Aaron's latched onto Star Wars lately. He called Luke Skywalker "Blue Skywalker" for a while because Luke has a blue light saber. :)


He draws out Yoda's name like this: eeee-yo-da



if you look real hard, you'll see Aaron's Yoda sticker he's so proud of!

We discuss over and over how the "wemperwere" (emperor) died and how "dark vader" died, who killed "obi-kenobi-one" (obi-one-kenobi), and why Anakin is a kid in movie #4 yet an adult in movies 1-3! Such a lot for him to take in, but I try to explain it anyway. I'm so thankful for a dad and brother who loved Star Wars so I could grow up and be able to explain the story line to my son!





a wolf and a webelo this year...I sure love my cub scouts :)

No comments: