Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fun With Family & Friends

Before getting into our vacation pictures and stories, I don't want to forget about the fun Memorial Day weekend we had! (Even though our vacation was really fun and I can't wait to highlight it!)

Derek and the boys wanted me to go 4-wheeling with them, and since I like being included in their fun, we loaded up on Friday to ride some trails. It was windy and warm and the trails were dusty! But we had a great time. :) Kaleb rode with me, Aaron rode with Derek, and Braylen rode by himself. Our time on the trails was just perfect for me, although my boys (all 4 of them) would tell you they wanted to stay out longer!

This is our "before" picture. Afterwards we were covered in dust!

See?
Aaron took a turn driving when we were done with the trails. I love the photo-bomber (Braylen) in this picture, tee hee. :)
We spent the night at the cabin with Grandma and Grandpa, which is always a fun time. :) Being there allows Derek to truly relax, and that is worth so much to us. I don't think he does much relaxing there, though. He's always tinkering with something outside. So when I asked him to sit down with me for a bit and watch our boys skid their bike tires in the gravel street, guess what happened to him? After sitting still for a minute or so, a bird flew over and pooped on his hand! I guess he's just not meant to sit still!

On Saturday we spent the day on the boat. The water temp was 65 degrees, so we did not get in. The kids caught some fish--2 for Braylen, 2 for Kaleb, and 3 for Aaron. I read a book. If I can't be in the water, you will find me reading. :)

Kaleb is my lounging buddy.

Aaron and his drum fish

Aaron caught this small walleye. Smallest one I've ever seen.

Kaleb doesn't like to fish. He only likes to catch. :)

Braylen's turn!
More family joined us for supper on Saturday, and it felt good to be getting into the summer swing of things at the cabin. Braylen stayed there the rest of the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa, but the rest of us went home Saturday night. We had a fun day planned for Sunday, but I am glad Braylen got to stay behind. He caught lots of fish the next day, including the biggest bass he's ever caught! We saw the most beautiful sunset on our way home. Pictures don't do it justice, but thanks to my SIL Pam, I have a few anyway!



On Sunday we met some friends at their farm for a fun afternoon and evening. It was a fun gathering, made extra special because our friends K and C are brothers, and their wives K and A are such good friends to Pam and me. The 8 of us understand what it's like to be family and friends, all in the same town. :) So, what fun things did we do that day? The kids played in the water, we took turns with the jet skis, and after a delicious meal the dads drove the kids around in go-karts. I think my boys want to live on a farm when they grow up. ;)

Derek gave Kaleb a lesson, and then Kaleb went out alone.

I think Kaleb would drive a jet ski every day, all day, if we would allow it!

Derek and I took turns driving Aaron around. I love how the boys' hair gets spiked while riding a jet ski.
One thing I'm doing this summer is staying up too late...and it looks like I'm doing it again tonight. Agh, it's so hard to get the boys in bed before 10. Tonight I left Kaleb and Aaron's room at 9:40 and when I checked on them at 10:45 they were still awake. What's a girl to do? Stay up late anyway and work on her blog. :) It's summer, after all!

3 comments:

Dad/Grampy said...

Wow,great pics, especially the sunsets. Live on a farm..., who will be slopping the hogs while everyone is out jet sking?? So glad to hear of the fun ya'll are having!! :))

Dad/Grampy said...

Wow, great pics, especially of the sunsets.
Live on a farm, who will be slopping the hogs while everyone is out jet skiing?? So glad to hear of your summer fun!! :))

Eric said...

Haha, that's kind of what I was gonna say. I want to live on a jet-ski/go-kart farm too!! :) And yes, I know, I am also up too late.