While I enjoyed every day of our vacation, Tuesday was probably my favorite day. We spent the rain-free morning on the beach with our boys. It was quiet and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. We spent time on the lake in the rowboat and then by kayak. I spent lots of time sitting on the dock taking it all in. If I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds on the water, it took me back in time. Watching all 3 boys plus Derek paddle around in those kayaks was entertaining for sure. :)
 |
| Kaleb is rowing our boat :) |
 |
| A view of our resort from the water |
 |
| Derek gives the boys kayak lessons, while Braylen reminds us he's done this in California before. :) |
 |
| There they go! |
 |
| Crashing with Daddy! :) |
 |
| Aaron smiled so big in his kayak. |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures of Kaleb and Braylen |
When we were done at the lake, we came back to our room and the boys wanted to play in the small splash pad below our balcony. I realized it was a perfect place to wash off all the sand. :) They played out there for a long time, and I fixed lunch while listening to their laughter. It was really great.
Then I looked outside and saw what they were planning to do--send Aaron down the little water slide on the rocking horse. Yikes!
Derek and I did not allow that to happen. We wanted everyone in one piece so we could go to the water park after lunch!
We splurged on tickets to Kalahari's indoor water park and I am so glad we did. We met the rest of our family there for a fun-filled day in the water. By now it was raining outside, so this was the perfect day to spend at a
huge indoor water park. We paired up and attacked the water slides, wave pool, lazy river, and indoor/outdoor hot springs. For most of the afternoon it was Derek & Aaron, Braylen & Kaleb, Eric & me, and Mom & Dad. (Amber and Will were taking naps.) Some of my favorite parts of this day were spent with my brother and my parents. For a while the 4 of us went on water slides together, and it was like old times. :) I loved it. Later on in the day I think I paired up with just about everyone in our group. Mom and I really liked relaxing in the hot springs outside. It felt so good!
My favorite water slide looked like a huge toilet bowl. The first part of the slide was an enclosed tube, and then it dumped me into a big funnel-shaped "bowl" where I swirled around a few times and then dropped down the middle into a deep pool. Derek liked one of the slides where you ride on a boat with 1 or 2 other people. It's like a water-propelled roller coaster. Kaleb and Braylen were the first ones to brave the speed slides. You stand up in a small capsule, put your hands behind your head, and after a countdown the floor drops out from beneath your feet! You plunge into a crazy-fast drop slide and it is freaky!!! I went with Kaleb on his second time and the attendant pulled me aside and told me, "He's doing much better this time. Last time he came up for this ride he was shaking from being so scared." Yay, Kaleb!!! I'm so proud of him for conquering his fear and having fun!!! Braylen was a great encourager. :)
By supper time we were all starved, so we went back to our resort for pizza from Pizza Pub. I think there was 1 piece left when we were done. Yum! Since Kalahari was open until 9:00, we went back for more fun in the water. Kaleb wanted to play on some of the kiddie slides with Will. Eric took this great picture of the two of them having fun together.
 |
| Cousins |
One of Aaron's favorite things to do at Kalahari was go surfing. He is fearless! The water pressure for this surfing "ride" was off-the-charts-high. If he turned just a bit sideways, the water shot him up to the top of the hill as if he was an empty pop can. And it wasn't just Aaron--big people were flung up the hill like they were light as a feather, also. But our little Aaron loved it. He got better and better each time he tried it. Braylen took some pictures for me and I'm so thankful he did.
 |
| Aaron the body surfer |
 |
| Wheee!!! |
We all went to bed that night exhausted, but happy. I think the boys slept until 10:15 the next morning. Good thing vacations are made for fun and sleeping in. :)
Since today is June 21st, Derek and I are celebrating our 16th anniversary. Sweet 16 years with Derek as my husband. :) The best gift we received came yesterday, with a report from Aaron's neurologist. At this appointment we learned his 24 hour EEG in April showed absolutely no seizure activity--active or suppressed--and as the doctor said, "Aaron is completely normal." Wow!!! We give God all the praise and glory!!! We decided to decrease his Depakote dose and check his blood levels in a month. I am thankful for many, many things on this day. Pam sent me this verse in a text last night and I think it's a perfect way to wrap up this post.
Psalm 9:1 "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders."
No comments:
Post a Comment