Sunday, June 2, 2013

More May Days & 40 Years!!!

Finishing up May on the 2nd day of June means I get to wish my mom and dad a Happy 40th Anniversary today!!! We have a special celebration planned, and our part begins today. More on that another time. :)

Our boy flying a kite
One May evening we had the perfect kite flying weather. We are blessed with plenty of open space to fly kites. As we stood at the edge of the corn field I noticed the corn was as tall as the length of my hand. Before we know it the corn will be way taller than me. Flying kites with our boys that night was like holding on to one more day of their childhood. And of course I kept singing to myself, "Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height..."

Kaleb, Daddy, and Aaron

One of my favorite pictures :)

Kaleb didn't need any help!

Aaron was awarded the medal around his neck at school that day and he wore it until bed time. His teacher presented 2nd grade awards, complete with a red carpet, and his was "Best Behaved." I remind him of that at home, tee hee! The medal was for the 100 book club.
Since Mother's Day was filled with lots of other things going on, I didn't get a chance to plant my flowers. So this year, Kaleb and I worked together the following weekend and got it all done in one afternoon. It was a warm sunny day, so we worked in the shade of the front porch. Braylen and Aaron spent the afternoon playing with water balloons, squirt guns, the hose, and buckets of water. It was fun to see those two play together for a change!

My helper!
Aaron played the piano in the school talent show and did an AWESOME job! Really, I was surprised. He had been playing that song at home and most times it didn't sound all that great. As he waited in a loooong line for his turn to perform, I prayed for him! I also remembered at last year's talent show I was worried he would have a blank-out seizure during his performance. This year that worry never entered my mind, PTL. Wouldn't you know, he stood up there and introduced himself and his song like a little pro. And he played his song perfectly. Thank you, Lord! :)

Telling the school he was going to play "Boom Boom" on the piano.

Derek and the boys are working on building a new garden for me. So far it looks like this. :) My little bitty garden behind our swing set is getting smaller every year--since our blue spruce trees keep getting bigger.


Speaking of our swing set...
We agreed, as a family, that it was time to give it to someone who would use it. (Our next door neighbors!) I tried not to dwell on the whole "end of an era" feeling, but there were a few of those feelings that snuck through anyway. The morning of the big move next door, Aaron helped Daddy mow the lawn. I captured one last picture of our swing set in our yard. We can still look out our windows and see it--in the yard next door. Our plan is to put a bigger swimming pool where the swing set used to be, and that helps bring us into a new era. :)


So now it's time for JUNE! Let the celebration with my family begin! :)

This picture is from Derek's birthday, but Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! :)


1 comment:

Dusty said...

I can't help but notice how much Braylen has been changing in the last couple of years. What a great young man you are raising! (3 of the really, but you know what I mean!) I also couldn't help noticing he still lets his daddy put his arm around him in your garden prep picture. So sweet, friend!