With Mother's Day yesterday, and Derek's birthday today, we've been having fun around here. Braylen had a track meet on another beautiful Saturday, where he received ribbons in the 4x100 relay and 50 yard dash. I just love to watch him run! I especially like seeing my husband coach Braylen through his warm-ups and prep him for his races. Braylen tells me he wants to be just like his daddy, and their shared love for track is just one way they're alike.
Ahhh, Mother's Day. It's become one of my favorite days of the year. When else do I feel celebrated and honored for all that I do and all that I am for my family? My boys each made me a special gift at school--a canvas painting from Aaron, a potted plant from Kaleb, and a tile from Braylen. Derek treated me to a yummy lunch that I didn't have to prepare, took me flower shopping (joyfully even!), and blessed me with an afternoon of gardening all by myself. I find it ironic that on a day to celebrate mothering, my biggest craving is a break from mothering! Oh well, I enjoyed every minute of my day. Using the webcam, I chatted with my mom and watched her open her gift from me. It made me feel like we were in the same room--almost. I love my mom, I love being a mom, and so I loved my Mother's Day!
Two of my favorite mothering quotes are:
"A mother's example sketches the outline of her child's character."--Mrs. H. O. Ward
"Let a nation have good mothers, and she will have good sons."--Napoleon
some of my Mother's day flowers
my birthday boy with his greatest gifts :)
Derek and I agreed that in lieu of birthday gifts, our gift to each other this year is our puppy. But I just had to have something for him to open, so the boys and I wrapped up doggy treats, chew toys, and food bowls. Of course when Derek opened his birthday presents, he told me he must be in the doghouse. :) Our Cub Scout's final pack meeting happens to be tonight, so Derek's birthday dinner will be a Cub Scout BBQ. What a great dad. :) Good thing I have his favorite meal planned for later in the week. That way his celebration can continue! Happy Birthday my love!
No comments:
Post a Comment