Remember, this is only a small piece of the actual chaos. It took a good chunk of the afternoon to find homes for these treasures. With all that behind us, we are ready for a fun weekend of boating to welcome summer! We'll see if the weather cooperates.
Grandpa's funeral ended up being a really special time for our family this week. Derek and I debated about pulling the boys out of school for this, but I'm so glad we did. Many memories were shared of Grandpa, and I believe we honored his life with much love and laughter. Our boys spent lots of time playing with second cousins who quickly became new friends. I got a little nervous when they kicked a soccer ball in a room with stained glass windows, but nothing broke. Derek has 2 cousins currently in the military, and the boys think they are larger than life. We've prayed them through multiple tours in Iraq, so it was special for our kids to see these men face-to-face. One even wore his uniform, and that impressed my boys a lot. The 21 gun salute for Grandpa at the cemetary sparked more questions from Braylen and Kaleb. Hearing "Taps" played for Grandpa brought tears to my eyes, but I know we will see him again one day. All in all, this day is one I hope we never forget.
My handsome husband with his beautiful grandma
Me enjoying a visit with my sis-in-law Sarena
Yes, the boys were petting a snake at the cemetary--ewwww--I hope they remember more about this day than that! Notice they ditched their khaki pants for play shorts? Lucky them. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment