Last Sunday I had the privilege of taking my two "big boys" to a concert at our church! Since Derek worked security at this event, and Aaron spent the evening with Grandma and Grandpa, I had Braylen and Kaleb all to myself! It was wonderful! We really like the two artists we saw in concert. Many of their songs can be found on Braylen's and Kaleb's iPods. Kaleb wondered why there was fog on the stage, and squinted at the bright spotlights. But both of them liked how loud it was. :) I liked the music, the message, and the chance to do something fun with my sons in my very own church! No long drive, no unfamiliar territory. It was time and money well spent.
With such a great kick-off to our week, I expected fun, productive days ahead. Monday was busy--I spent hours volunteering at our school and did plenty of picking up and dropping off for Scout meetings that evening. Why must they be across town from each other with staggered start/finish times? :) Tuesday I soaked up a lesson on replacing doubt with faith in my weekly Bible study, and held my friend's newborn son the entire time. It was great. :) That afternoon I took Ginger for a walk and enjoyed a beautiful spring day. So far, so good, right? My cell phone rang--Kaleb is not feeling well, and could I come pick him up from school?
The rest of the week went downhill from there...Kaleb kept getting sicker, but his strep culture was negative. He missed two days of school. We spent time in two different clinics. I did no birthday shopping for Aaron. I barely got my grocery shopping done. Friday, Kaleb felt well enough for school, only to come home with a terrible case of pink eye. By bedtime his left eye was completely swollen shut. Aaron's throat started hurting again, and he's still taking round 2 of amoxicillin for his strep throat. With sicknesses coming and going and coming back again...since February...I was pretty down in the dumps. I know there are worse things than what I was going through, but I still felt pretty discouraged.
But I still managed to make it to Aaron's field trip on Friday. Ironically, we visited the hospital! The sun finally came back out on Saturday, a nurse gave us free samples of eye drops for Kaleb's eyes--without a doctor visit--and we were able to celebrate Aaron's upcoming birthday with extended family, as planned. Thanks, God! Trouble may appear for a time, but eventually, the sun will come out again. :)
Kaleb liked the way the clouds looked, and he asked if he could take a picture of them. I like how he included his basketball hoop in his picture. MANY hours are spent playing with this hoop. Especially when his eye isn't swollen shut. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment