Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Rest of April

It seems like one day we were celebrating Aaron's birthday, and the next day we're here at the end of April! We're busy, busy, busy! I want school to end--I don't want school to end. Such a mixture of events and emotions going on in our house these days. Braylen's elementary years are ending, and Aaron's had a wonderful beginning for his first year in school. Braylen has his first official mowing jobs lined up, and has already mowed 6 times. Kaleb's learning how to mow our yard, since Braylen's moved on to his own yards. Thankfully Derek is helping Braylen with these jobs, and it's providing some bonding time for them. The rest of my ramblings will be told through pictures. :)

Thanks to kindergarten round-up, Aaron had a day off from school. We played with friends at the children's museum.

Palm Sunday came and went, and this is the best picture I got. All the kids participated in the palm parade, and Braylen helped a little guy who froze in his tracks at center stage. I was one proud mama. :)

Kaleb learning the responsibilities of dog ownership. :)

my mowing men changing oil on one of our 3 mowers!

Awana is done for another year. Braylen is done with Awana for good. Next stop...middle school youth group.

Derek's turkey with Kaleb. I don't know who was more excited. :)

coloring Easter eggs just in time for Easter

their favorite thing to write on their eggs? the caveman noise they make, or grunt..."mowwwww"
And that is April. Next time I'll share more about our Easter. To close this post, a few funnies...

One night at bedtime Aaron said, "I'm glad I'm not a coyote. I'd have to eat bunnies!"

Kaleb calls me "mooshy moya." He says, "Can I have a snack, mooshy moya?" Or, "Mooshy moya, can I play the wii?" He says it with affection, so I guess that's a good thing. :) The other day he told me I'm the only mooshy moya in the world.

Aaron's really into figuring out math equations. He might be our little math whiz some day. The funny part? He brings home papers with this equation written on it: "A+F=5" And this one: "A+F=heart" They mean, "Aaron plus his family equals 5, or equals love." My little boy really knows how to warm my heart. :)

No comments: