When we go boating, our favorite tube is Big Mable. On this hot, hot July Saturday, we kept cool in the water. We knew Derek would have to work "the big event" in the heat once we got home, so I was happy to see him have fun with each of our boys in the water. First up? Braylen & Dad. They like a wild ride, so this was the only decent picture I took. I spent the rest of their time on the tube making sure I didn't fly out of the boat. :)
Aaron was up next. First, a nice smile-and-wave-picture with Daddy.
 |
| Then it was time for Daddy to splash Aaron. |
 |
| Aaron returned the favor, although this was as far as his little leg could reach! |
 |
| Kaleb's turn to smile and wave. |
 |
| This is pretty daring for Kaleb! Good job Daddy! |
 |
| Kaleb does the silliest things on the tube. :) |
 |
| Grandpa's turn with Kaleb and Aaron |
Yes, we like Big Mable! What great memories for our kids to carry with them as they grow up. While swimming around the boat, Aaron asked me if I had a life jacket on. I didn't, so then he asked me this: "Is your whole body a life jacket?" What a great way to describe my love for the water. :) Back at home, Derek worked a busy shift. I like to think our time at the lake helped him through the heat of the night. Before dark, the boys and I enjoyed some of the car festivities in town.
Braylen counted Ford Mustangs, while Kaleb kept track of Dodge Chargers and Chevy Silverados. Aaron had been counting down the days for this event, and I'm pretty sure it lived up to his expectations. At one point I saw a Camero and mistakenly called it a Mustang. Braylen thought I pointed at a Nissan, so he wasn't
quite as horrified when he realized my mix-up was with a Camero. Aaron thinks all vehicles with window guards are from Illinois, since my dad likes to put them on his vehicles. :) Kaleb couldn't settle down for bed--all he could think about was driving Grandpa's loud truck. They all had cars on the brain, and this mommy was ready for the a/c!
No comments:
Post a Comment